EIS Photo Library
The photo library is intended to be a repository of photos which may be useful in the context of land use, land use changes, human settlement, vegetation, climate and so on. While the primary focus is Namibia it also contains photos from other African countries. You can upload photos too. These are manually checked before being made publicly available. Full instructions are on the upload page.
Resources for bird atlasing in Namibia:
- SABAP 2 site to record bird sightings
- SABAP 1 data can be downloaded from the EIS - just search on "SABAP" or the species name to find downloadable shapefiles and kmz files
- Namibia Bird Club
- Vulture resightings: https://vulturesresightings.crowdmap.com/
- Tree Atlas map files and data are available from the NBRI website
- Submit your rainfall records with the RainApp developed by SASSCAL
- Submit your giraffe records using the Giraffe Spotter App developed by the Giraffe Conservation Foundation
- Submit records of baboon spiders to the southern Africa Baboon Spider Atlas
Kwando Carnivore Project
Take part in citizen research by assisting the Camera CATalogue in identifying species from camera trap surveys. Your participation in this would be greatly appreciated and would speed up the results of these undertakings. Camera trap surveys are wonderful and produce a lot of data that takes time and energy to process. Photos from the Zambezi Region camera trapping are now on zooniverse.org and we would very much appreciate your assistance.
- Help identify species in camera trap photos on the Zooniverse website
Etosha Mountain Zebras
This project asks visitors to Etosha NP to photograph mountain zebra to help conservation research. Please post photos on the Etosha Mountain Zebra photographs facebook page or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with date and place. Read more about Mountain Zebra Research in Etosha National Park.