The new version of the app (launched 11 Feb 2018) has upgrades and additional features compared to the previous one. Please follow the steps below to install it.
How to install the Atlasing in Namibia app on your mobile device
- If you have a previous version of the app, uninstall it from your device. (First synchronise if you have any records which you have not yet submitted.) You can also uninstall AppSheet from your device.
- Go to Play store and find the Atlasing in Namibia app.
- Click on Install. This will install the app. To use the app you will need to allow it to have access to your location and camera.
- Once successfully installed, you should see a new icon on your device's homepage which says "Atlasing".
- If you have a previous version of the app, uninstall it from your device. (First synchronise if you have any records which you have not yet submitted.)
- Install the app from this link: http://appsheet.com/newshortcut/4a7cc2df-a868-4ec0-b4e6-ce83c6943b37
- These installation guidelines may help.
A few things to note:
- There are full instructions and details on the About page of the app and these are also shown at the bottom of this page.
- We have deliberately kept the app simple and the main purpose of it is to record your sightings quickly and easily. Viewing and editing your records is done through the website and not the app.
- The app is for all species groups that are currently listed on the Atlasing in Namibia website.
- You don't need to be online (connected to the internet) to use the app but you do need to have your device's GPS switched on.
- Use the "Sync" button to submit your records when you are back online.
- Records from the app are not automatically imported directly into the Atlasing website but are temporarily stored in a google sheet. Therefore app records will not be visible on the website immediately. They will be verified and imported in batches regularly.
- The PlayStore app works on Android devices. Use the link above to install the app on an Apple device.
Please contact us if you have any queries or if any part of the process is unclear.